The 2016 Headies took place on the 22nd of December 2016. Outstanding achievement in the Nigerian music industry was rewarded.
The show was streamed live for viewers and also showed on HipTv to television viewers across Nigeria. And as expected, Nigerians said everything they wanted to say – no holds barred.
Here are some hilarious tweets from the Headies 2016:
1. The sound quality wasn’t just it clearly
So it’s the Mic that Olamide spoilt last year they still brought to use this year..What type of sound is this pls ?? #TheHeadies2016
— TOFO LEE (@Tofola_F) December 22, 2016
2. A lot of awardees weren’t even around to receive their awards
— Lakesyd Godson (@CLASSICNAIJA247) December 22, 2016
3. Nawa oo… Chai!
— Noble Igwe (@Nobsdaslushhkid) December 22, 2016
4. Picture quality sef na F
isn’t funny that we can watch a clear pictured EPL from millions miles away but common #TheHeadies2016 in Lagos here is like crayons 😒😒😒
— OnlyGodCanJudgeMe (@fabolous3d) December 22, 2016
5. And no drama – or something close to Don Jazzy vs Olamide
6. People started likening it to Daddy Bubu
Headies was better under GEJ. Everything scattered under Buhari.
— Big Fish Gee (@GbemmyG) December 22, 2016
7. And this one tweet that would have made a lot of sense if it was done
Headies could have done Acceptance Video messages for every nominee in case they couldn’t make it.
— #Drewbaba.com (@Drewbaba) December 22, 2016
8. The first hour of the show had artists from way back. We were so confused.
Well I guess there’s a reason why they chose a Thursday for the Headies.. #ThrowbackThursday
— Mazi Ö (@chukkietweets) December 22, 2016
9. Android Snapchat has suffered.
— CHO (@Chidubem__O) December 22, 2016
10. And Adekunle Gold’s tweet that was the icing on the cake.
11. If you know, you know
Don Jazzy’s Children went to see Santa Claus
— Microbiologist (@AleseTobi) December 22, 2016
— Tayofunmi (@teaponpi) December 23, 2016
13. For an award show in the eleventh year, not very good.
14. After what happened last year?
Anybody from YBNL that should come for Headies will just get to studio and hear “oga say make I no open gate for you again”
— Abike (@Jollz) December 22, 2016
15. Then they should have waited for January for MMM to come back
16. Real tears
Headies looking at Nigerian artists like pic.twitter.com/8kkYPLRB8s
— Leo B. Dasilva Jnr (@SirLeoBDasilva) December 22, 2016